It’s birthday party time around here again and we were doing a combo party for both girls. S is not a cake fan so we had an ice cream cake for her. T loves cake, like her momma, but I wanted to do something different than a traditional cake. T LOVES swiss cake rolls and I wondered if I could use those to make a cake. Here’s what I did. It was the easiest cake to make. WARNING: eat small pieces, it’s rich!
4 boxes of Swiss cake rolls (I suggest the “big” pack. The rolls are bigger in size.)
1 tub of whipped cream
1 tub of chocolate icing
1. I used a 9×13 pan.
2. Unwrap each package and place in TIGHT rows in the bottom of the pan. Being careful to not have the chocolate coating come off the rolls. (The tighter the better bc the whipped cream and icing will spread better.)
3. Spread the entire tub of whipped cream over the layer.
4. Layer more rolls on top of the whipped cream layer.
5. Spread chocolate icing over top layer of rolls.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.