Have you ever felt like a monkey could do your job better than you? There have been some days where I have thought, “a monkey would be better at this.”
- A monkey could get my kids’ juice (without spilling it all over the floor).
- A monkey could put my kids to bed.
- A monkey could load and unload dishwasher.
- A monkey could fold all this laundry (the same laundry that I just washed and folded 4 days ago).
Yea, a monkey could do all that, but…
- My kids wouldn’t find it as funny if a monkey got their juice WITHOUT spilling it.
- A monkey could put my kids to bed, but the kisses would be really slobbery.
- A monkey could load and unload the dishwasher, but I’d have more chips and cracks in the plates.
- A monkey could do the laundry…
…then I finally realize, “A monkey would not be better than me!” My kids need ME. No other mother is better for them. God gave my kids-ME. God knew that I was the PERFECT one for them.
So, when you doubt your abilities and question yourself, remember God gave these kids to you-NO ONE ELSE. YOU are perfect person to teach them how to behave, learn, play, and love others.
As for the monkey…I might get one to do the laundry.